Skip Hire Licences

Skip Licence or lights?

Skip Hire Licence
Do I need a licence for a skip?

It’s illegal to have a skip on a public highway without a skip licence so you’ll need one if you plan to put the skip on a road.

  • Skip licences can vary from £60 up to thousands if putting the skip in a parking bay.
  • Make sure you plan ahead as getting a skip licence can take up to two weeks.
  • We can give you advice on whether you need a skip licence. If you do, we’ll do all the work getting you one, so you don’t have to worry.

If budget, space, or time is an issue, an alternative is to use our Wait & Load service. We offer skips and cage lorries as part this service. You pick a time slot and the driver will wait until you load everything, a solution that normally does not require a license.

Flashing Lights
Do I need a flashing light?

If your skip is on a public road at night, you’ll need safety lights. Make sure you get appropriate lights as this is a legal requirement. We can supply skip safety lights, or you can buy them from a builder’s merchant or elsewhere.

Where we deliver

We deliver skips to a wide area from Stanmore to Richmond and Covent Garden to Buckinghamshire. For pricing purposes, we divide this area into four zones based on their distance from our Park Royal base. Click to find out more about delivery to your postcode zone.


If you need more information on skip licences or flashing lights get in touch with a member of our team and we would be happy to assist you. Call today on 020 8963 4070.